Walmart has just rolled out a totally awesome new way to save money. The Walmart Savings Catcher Program!
How It Works:
- Shop at any Walmart store and save your receipt.
- Use your Coupons like normal.
- Go online to Walmart Savings Catcher or Use the Walmart App (you will need an account) and enter the receipt number the date of your shopping trip.
- Savings Catcher will look at the eligible items purchased at Walmart and then compare the price paid to the advertised prices of major local retailers and credit your account with the difference within 72 hours (which you can convert into a Walmart eGift Card).
- If you get an “Invalid” message… just wait a little longer to submit. The receipt has probably not uploaded to the program yet, sometimes you need to wait 24 hours before entering.
- You ONLY HAVE 6 days to enter your receipt into the Walmart Savings Catcher program. For example, if you shopped on Tuesday, you have until the following Monday to submit your receipt.
- You can earn a maximum of $599.99 Reward Dollars per calendar year. If you’re close to this limit and submit a receipt, you’ll be issued a partial amount so as not to exceed the annual maximum. For example, if you have already earned $598 in Savings Catcher Reward Dollars, and then submit a receipt for which you should be issued $3, only $1.99 will be issued.
- You can submit up to 7 receipts per week to Savings Catcher.
These Promotions are NOT included in Savings Catcher:
- Advertised items with no price listed
- Buy This Get That for $x Promotions (i.e. Buy cereal, get milk for $2)
- Gift Card Promotions (Items requiring a purchase to get a gift card)
- Buy One Get One free (BOGO) deals where no price is listed for individual items (i.e. if it states “Save up to $2.50” they will NOT honor the BOGO.)
- Store brand items are not included
- Items from the deli, bakery and weighed items such as meat
- Also excludes online merchants such as Amazon
- It takes the burden off the cashier’s price matching at the time of checkout
- It is kinda frustrating that you won’t get your discount immediately; you will need to wait 72 hours.
- Think of this as a “reward” program like we use at the Drug Stores. After that first initial out of pocket trip (when you receive the savings back on a gift card 72 hours later), then you can use the gift card towards your purchase, essentially, always have an ongoing credit.
- It builds loyalty to keep us shopping at Walmart!
You can also read the official Walmart Coupon Policy HERE.